Yogurt, which has been in existence for over 4,000 years, is a cultured milk product that is created by adding probiotics or “good bacteria” to cultured milk. The probiotics or “good bacteria” cause fermentation that transforms the milk sugar (lactose) into lactic acid, creating the distinctive properties of yogurt.
Yogurt is more than just a delicious and nutritious food. Many people eat yogurt for its outstanding health benefits, some of which include:
- Improved digestive function
- An increase in digestibility of dairy products for individuals suffering from lactose intolerance
- Good source of calcium to help prevent Osteoporosis
- Low cholesterol and sodium content
- Increased immunity function
- Improved vitamin & nutrient absorption
Our gourmet frozen yogurt not only meets but exceeds standards set by the USDA, FDA and military requirements for food safety and quality assurance. Nutritional information and a list of ingredients for each of our frozen yogurts, custards and sorbets is available in our stores, upon request.